Prepare to be taken across the Orient, Eastern Europe and Caribbean.
A contemporary spinoff of the Cuban classic, the Green Tea Mojito combines flavours from various areas of the world.
Incorporating vodka, green tea, lime, mint and sugar, this cocktail is best brought to life on a lazy Sunday, or simply when in desire of an intoxicating detox.
What you’ll need:
- Vodka (60ml)
- Green Tea (90ml)
- Raw Sugar (2tsp)
- Lime Wedges (4)
- Mint (a sprig + a few more leaves)
- Soda (dash)
- Ice (cubes or crushed)
What you’ll do:
- In a highball glass, gently muddle the sugar, lime wedges and green tea (careful not to attack the white areas of the lime which will cause bitterness).
- Next, gather a healthy palm of mint leaves and clap them between your hands, before wiping them around the rim of your glass and dropping them in.
- Add some ice halfway up the glass.
- Pour the vodka over the ice and other ingredients, and with a spoon give it a few stirs before adding more ice to top the glass up.
- Give it another stir before finally topping with a tiny splash of soda.
- Garnish with a hearty mint sprig.
Done and dusted.
Congrats, you have completed one of the freshest and healthiest cocktails of the modern era. Dive in and drink up.