A spinoff of Death & Co‘s ‘Muddled Mission’, the Strawberry Moon is an energetic drink of pure elegance.
The sharpness of London Dry Gin partners St-Germain, which has warm floral, lychee and pear notes; the cocktail is finished with a dash of sweet, spicy and herbal Chartreuse. Strawberry adds the colour and tart — egg white gives that creamy texture — while a squeeze of lemon provides the extra kick.
What you’ll need:
- Gin (ideally a London Dry Gin style) (45ml)
- St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur (30ml)
- Yellow Chartreuse (15ml)
- Lemon Juice (15ml)
- Egg white (1)
- Strawberry (1)
Garnish: strawberry/mint (or both)
What you’ll do:
- Ice up a coupe glass (in order to get the glass nice and cold before serving).
- Gently muddle the strawberry and the lemon juice in a cocktail shaker
- Add all the spirits and the egg white
- Dry shake all the ingredients for five seconds (this creates the foam to sit on top of the drink)
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake hard for another 10 seconds.
- Throw the ice from the coupe glass and strain the cocktail.
- Garnish with the strawberry/mint.
Done and dusted.
Congrats, you have just made the Strawberry Moon, perfect for devouring on a fresh, spring night.